River Fun.

Written on 8:23 PM by Brian McDonald

So I had to work today, And I was very excited to shoot some rafting after last week. When I missed out on shooting, but still got paid! Oh ya....

So we headed up to the Ocoee River. We got there right around 11am, and hung out while everyone was getting ready. A saftey speech and all that jazz later... We headed up the Mountain, And soon after I was shooting!

This is the company I work for:This is the Dam that fuels it:
This is what happens when you don't listen to your guides:
My Girls came along:
This was Emalee's first time on the river since she was REAL LITTLE:
Emalee was laughing at some of the photographers:One of the small streams next to my shooting location:
At one of the rapids I use this as a focal length marker:

Overall it was a fun day, I spent a lot of time behind the lens. And even more time with my daughter and girlfriend, which was probably the best part :)

But any day you can make money doing what you love, well thats a great day! I am thankful that my job is also what I love. Plus the bonus is going down the river for FREE! GO ME! HAHA!

All Images were shot with a D200, with 70-200 lens with 1.4x converter.


If you see these photos and want to try your hand at riding down this river, I would love for you to go with this company(hcrivers.com). The guides up there are the best on the river, they really enjoy their jobs. Which in turn will make your ride a unforgettable one!


On another note, I should get some shooting in this week. I think I have a few portrait sessions, may not be able to post online(unless they sign release). But I will definitely get some skate work done. It has been nearly a week since I skated, and I doubt I will last much longer!

Hope your weekend was as fun as mine!


If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

No Comment

Post a Comment