March 20th, 2009

Written on 12:46 AM by Brian McDonald

Today started off great, Woke up got in the shower and ate a bit. Then I text Ryan right about 12:30 and he said they would give me a call when they get out. I was stoked since I have not shot with Mr.Cooper in a minute.

Soon after that I get a call from Ethan wanting to know if I wanted to get this photo:

And of course I was down for it...I asked him if he wanted to shoot this photo a while back. And so I told him I would meet him at the park. So I made my way down to the skate park. Shulman pulled in right behind me and I road with him to the spot. This thing was in a new development, and some were still being finished on the inside.

So I went ahead and setup, Ethan threw a few 50-50's out there for me to mess with. Not soon after he started getting close to the smith grind we came for. And some of the neighborhood started to notice us skating and came and watched.

A few tries later this woman in a car stops in the landing area and says:

Women: "what do you think your doing?"
Ethan: "Trying to go pro"
Women: "What?"
Ethan: "trying to get paid"
Women: "Well I'm the property manager and I say you can't do this here"
Me:"OK"

After that she drives off, and we gave it a few more. Well worth it in my opinion. Photo came out sick and I was stoked. Something you can tell in the picture is that the rail actually bends in when your on it.

After that Ethan calls Shupe to see where every ones at. We find out there at the Brainerd High out-ledge and we head on over. Place was poppin' off, few cars there and some sick faces to see. Me and Shupe played a quick game of rock/paper/scissors to see if he would film first or I would shoot first.

I won and started shooting the sequences:

Nick was there and he got down:
Then just a few tries later Jim got his trick:

Super hyped that everyone was getting what they wanted.

Until Cameron's trick just wasn't there today, Maybe the roughest day I've seen him have.

New board = chipped on first try


Ledge= Would be too buttery and too sticky in certain spots that would mess with his setup for the flip out...
Tried to make it less icy.....

As Cameron kept trying everyone else was chilling:

Sequence peep'n


Shupe filmed a bit.

Cameron was over it and was hoping for a better time at the next spot. So we set off to the North Park downhill manny pad. Scott wanted to get a trick, and he used my board. His board was M.I.A thanks to a little mix up in plans. Glad to see a photog's board got the job done. (I'll post the sequence tomorrow)

Shulman was over the manual pad:
Cameron was over this spot too:

Jim wasn't though:Well then maybe he was:

As the large line died down as people were over the spot, Ryan got this pressure flip manny:

So after Shulman tried to get another sequence with me over on the other manual pad. He did it earlier when me and Shupe were at the other pad. It wasn't happening now, just how it works sometimes. So we headed over to the Hamilton Heights Rail. We got the boot before we could even skate it.

So Cameron came up with this other spot close by:
Cameron ollied it to slip out a few times. Then his day got worse with a slip out.. his board hit the curb and bent the truck. And that was the ender to this bad day in Cameron's life.

Shulman stuck a kickflip on it several times, and broke his board. I'm going to sit on that one for awhile though.

All in all it was a very fun day with limited kick outs. Which made for an interesting day out, well except for Cameron =)

I know he will bounce back.

Got plans to head to ATL with Scoggins tomorrow. Should be fun as the A always is. Look for that post tomorrow!

If you enjoyed this post Subscribe to our feed

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous |

    That shul seque nce is sick...I still can't believe that happened

     

Post a Comment